Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fun in Erie!

Okay, so this last month has been a whirlwind. We have had so much fun exploring Erie (zoo, children's museum, beach, baseball games, etc) and all that it has to offer, making great new friends and getting settled. So I need to play catch up and just post a bunch of pictures including the 4th of July.
Seeing the Lions at the zoo.

They have these frogs all over town. But this one was at the seawolves baseball game.

Hanging out at the beach. Who knew that Lake Erie had such a great beach?!


Addie riding her princess bike. She was cracking me up so I had to take a picture. Got to love the helmet. Safety first! :)

This is Addie with her cute friend Max. This was on the 4th of July. We had a BBQ at the beach with a bunch of friends. It was a lot of fun!

This is Olivia enjoying the 4th in her car seat. At least she looks cute.

On the night of the 4th, we went over to a friends house and did sparklers, snaps and some fun fireworks. This is Addie enjoying her sparklers and hating the loud fireworks. I think the guys had more fun putting on the fireworks show than the little kids did watching it. Most of them were a little scared. But we had a great 4th. We also went to a ward breakfast that morning and started celebrating the night before at a baseball game with fireworks and friends.

We miss our friends in North Carolina but we are loving Erie and enjoying the new friends that we are making here. Nick started residency two weeks ago and is really enjoying it. The first year he has to rotate through different surgery specialties as well as a month of medicine. But he lucked out and started out with a month of ortho first, so he's happy. And of course he found his way onto a Hamot softball team - can't leave the important things behind. Once he finds a hunting, fishing and golfing companion, he'll be set. So everything is great with us.

11 comments:

Julie said...

The bycicle helmet is hilarious! Love it!!! And Olivia really does look so cute with that huge bow on her head on the 4th! We are so glad you guys moved to Erie and that you are having a good time!

BJC said...

too cute! sounds like you are having lots of fun. we will have to plan a time to drive up. how long is it to get there? and how easy would it be to make the trip with three boys and no husband? i just wanted to let nick know that we went up to the land twice last week and about ran over turkeys both times. i don't know where he was looking for them, but i found them right in the middle of the road. oh, and have you heard, the land is going up for sale and the isenhours are moving to evanston, wy in two weeks. crazy!!!

Johnson said...

Oh, I love my little girls! Tell Addie I am proud of her. I will call you tomorrow so I can talk to her!! I don't know how I missed her call! Olivia is getting so big. Give them kissies for me. I am glad you are loving your new place!!!

Toni said...

Hi! I found your blog off of Krystles, I am Devin Englesteads wife, your husbands cousin. Just thought I would stop in and say hi. And I think your girls are so BEAUTIFUL! I am adding you to our blog list, I hope thats ok. -toni

Seth and Sarah said...

I am so envious of your many trips to beaches! Here I sit with my cute family...land-locked in Utah! It looks like you're all having so much fun. I'm so happy your family is doing so well. Tell Nick good luck with his Ortho rotation. I would kill to work with a resident like him! Good residents are hard to find!

Lisa said...

How fun to have a beach so close! But seriously, it couldn't beat Utah Lake! :)

Levi and Suzi said...

I'm so glad you're here in Erie, and can't wait to get to know you better! Oh, and I think I have a hunting, fishing, and golfing buddy for Nick. Those and paintball make up Levi's faves!

Alesha said...

Good update! Can I say I love the lions bum in the picture haha! Addie is so stinkin cute! I am happy you moved here!

Brooke Eriksen said...

seriously, I need to look at blogs more! I didn't even know you had a second!!!! She is adorable and probably around the same age as my boy! Congrats!!!

Emily Evans said...

Wow! When you said you were moving to Erie, I didn't picture it being so bright and sunny! Looks like so much fun! Cute pictures :)

Stormi Winscot said...

Your little family is so cute. I can't believe you live in PA. We are in State College, which is in Central PA. We've lived here since December. We LOVE it here!

I hope you are enjoying Erie. It sounds like there are a lot of fun things to do, especially for families. We'll have to try and see each other while you guys are living here!