Thursday, August 28, 2008

Our First Erie Visitors!

Brad and Jaime made the long drive from North Carolina to come and visit us this weekend. They got here on Saturday evening and we just relaxed and ate pizza that night. Sunday we ventured up to Niagara Falls. It was absolutely beautiful but downpoured on us while we were there. The only consolation there is that if we didn't get wet in the rain we would've been soaked on the Maid of the Mist. Monday we went to Presque Isle to hang out at the beach and then we BBQed that night. I totally forgot my camera for the beach so sorry no pictures at the beach from me. And then they drove home Tuesday. Addie had so much fun and misses her cousins already. They were really cute and kept trying to protect "the princess" - as if we don't already have a hard enough time trying to convince her that she's not a princess. :) Thanks Brad and Jaime for being our first visitors! Who's coming next. . .

This is a picture of the Canadian Falls from the Maid of the Mist. I can't believe how close they take you to the falls. They are so powerful - I was starting to get nervous for a minute. But it was worth the boat ride to see them so close and feel their power.

I couldn't resist this cute little picture of Addie. She hated keeping the hood on her head from the raincoat so I had to tie it tight so she couldn't get it off.

This is all of us at the falls. Olivia had a blowout in the car on the way up. Luckily Jaime had an extra outfit for Garrett because I was not prepared at all. So yes she does look like a boy in this picture. Poor thing.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

How fun that you guys are so close to so many cool places!

Kimball has been an avid Buffalo Bills fan (yeah embarassing I know) and talks about going to a game and to Niagra Falls all the time. Maybe we will get out there some day while you are still living that way.

If you are ever looking to go somewhere with miles of alfalfa fields give me a call! Oh, and don't forget the Dinosaur Museum!